Versace was the perfect dress for Homeland's Claire Danes to wear she hit the red carpet of the 70th Annual Golden Globes Awards! We also love her earrings from Joanna Laura Constantine which are on the geometria trend. Claire's smoulder look was phenomenal thanks to one of my fave beauty brands, Laura Mercier. We have the scoop on how you can get it, so read on!
Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director for Laura Mercier, created a “sexy, fun look” for the starlet and gives you some of his comments on creating it.
EYES: Maulawizada determined that a sultry, smoky eye would perfectly complement the star’s glamorous, red Versace dress. “I decided to go with a smoky eye and not a red lip since the dress was so red,” stated Maulawizada.
• Maulawizada accomplished this by applying Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black ($22) on Danes’ top lids and under her eyes “to create depth and shape.”
• Next he applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($22) with Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush ($25) to “deepen the lash line.” He then rimmed the inside of the eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold ($20) to “intensify the depth and to create a contrast with Claire’s blue eyes.”
• Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) to Claire’s upper lashes.
LIPS: Maulawizada used neutral colours to “contour the lips” and make them appear “pouty, à la an early ‘90s supermodel pout.”
• He first defined the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Hazelnut ($20).
• Then he contoured and shaded in the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Praline ($20).
• Lastly he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic ($26) to make the colour a “bit more beige and quiet.”
FLAWLESS FACE: Maulawizada determined that “glowy, warm skin” would be the perfect canvas for Danes’ sultry makeup look.
• First, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact SPF 20 in Almond ($45) to warm up Claire’s skin tone.
• Next he sparingly used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage #3 ($30) to “cover up little imperfections and darkness under the eyes, which she really doesn’t have.”
• On her cheeks, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) followed by Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Palette ($48) to “highlight, bronze and make her even more glowy.”
• Lastly he used a combination of Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) and Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($22) to set Claire’s makeup and concealer.
• To ensure Danes glowed from head to toe, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight ($32) over Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80) on Claire’s shoulders and arms.